Friday, June 29, 2007

Gathering Ron Paul Materials

I have been trying to get together some Ron Paul materials, so I can hand out business cards and bumper stickers to people willing to listen to me. It is truly amazing how quickly this stuff all adds up. 1 t-shirt, 3 oval stickers, 1000 bumper stickers and I am already spent about $150. Thankfully the meetup group I am in is helping with the costs of the bumper stickers, but it's still a lot of money this early on. We haven't even gotten into mass production of signs, yard signs, or large amounts of literature. It is so easy to spend $1000 on all this stuff.

Once you hit $1000 if I am not completely misunderstanding the law, you are supposed to form a PAC. In this day and age, $1000 is nothing. Shouldn't this amount be changed with the rise of inflation! haha I am not law student or lawyer so hopefully someone can set me straight on these PAC rules. From what I understand you have to file and it's a big deal. This is all the more reason why we need Ron Paul in office. These campaign rules only hurt the little guy. These big organizations just hire some $6/hr college student to handle all this unnecessary paperwork.

I am very excited about this campaign. I think everything is going fairly well with exception to some of the bad publicity these reporters are digging to make up.

Well that's all for today. I have been slacking a little with the blog and I apologize. My health hasn't been the greatest.

Tomorrow is a HUGE day in the RP campaign. He will be at Iowa!

No comments: